Traverse City is an unassuming small town in northern Michigan, but boy is it packed with things to do! No matter the season, you will have a wonderful getaway here. If you only have a weekend in Traverse City, this is the guide for you to make the absolute most out of your trip.
Where to Stay
I researched so many places before I went to Traverse City, but the one thing I knew I wanted was to be waterfront. I looked into reviews, lots of pictures, & checked distances to all of the things I wanted to do.
After all of that research, I narrowed it down to one place: Baywatch Resort. Once I got there I was so glad this was my pick! The entire hotel feels like it has been redone recently, everything was so clean (& had extra precautions taken for COVID), the room was cute, & it had a waterfront balcony with two chairs to watch the sunset.
Where to Eat
There is no shortage of yummy food out in Traverse City! I am narrowing the long list down to some of my absolute favorites that you must check out on your next trip here:
- The Little Fleet. This is an awesome collection of food trucks that allows you to have anything you’re feeling in a really cute spot! You can even order some drinks at the bar. It’s located pretty close to the water if you want to catch the sunset after dinner.
- Pangea’s Pizza. Looking for a cute rooftop? This is the place you want to go! It’s in the heart of town & has amazing & unique options.
- Trattoria Stella. Want a fancy date night? This is the place to go. It is such a romantic spot with stone walls, candle light, & delicious food!
What to Do
There is SO much to do in a weekend in Traverse City, so I am going to narrow things down for you so you can enjoy the best of the best. This list also includes things to do that are nearby & you won’t want to miss.
- Enjoy a sunset on the beach. The sunsets here are absolutely gorgeous & you’ll want to dedicate an evening to taking one in. Grab a blanket, pack a picnic, & enjoy!
- Go on a wine tour! This area is a secret gem in the wine world. There are so many wineries here for you to enjoy, so pick one & spend the day there or go on a tour of a bunch.
- Visit Torch Lake. This lake is about ___ away, but it is a lake that is stunning with its crystal clear waters. Rent a boat, kayak, or paddle board & enjoy your day on the perfectly blue water.
- Charter a sailboat & enjoy your day on the bay. If you’re anything like me, you love being out on boats. You can soak up the sun or jump in the water, but either way you’ll have a blast.
- If going in the spring or fall, make sure to check the weather. It’s still amazing in Traverse City when it’s chilly, but you’ll want to pack accordingly.
- Another weather tip: regardless of the season, the weather can change drastically throughout the day, so make sure to pack clothes for both warm & cool weather. Also bring some clothes for rain!